QuoteSea, the life in a few words
31-35 Quotations of 60
Dr. Seuss quotes (Page 7)
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons.
It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags.
And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
~ Dr. Seuss
More Dr. Seuss quotes
Related quotes by:
- 1904 births
- 1991 deaths
- Alumni of Lincoln College, Oxford
- American cartoonists
- American children's writers
- American editorial cartoonists
- American illustrators
- American Lutherans
- American military personnel of World War II
- American poets
- German-American writers
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal winners
- People from Springfield, Massachusetts
- Recipients of the Legion of Merit
- United States Army soldiers
- Writers from California
- Writers from Massachusetts
- Writers who illustrated their own writing
It's fairly obvious that American education is a cultural flop. Americans are not a well-educated people culturally, and their vocational education often has to be learned all over again after they leave school and college. On the other hand, they have open quick minds and if their education has little sharp positive value, it has not the stultifying effects of a more rigid training.
~ Raymond Chandler (July 23, 1888 - March 26, 1959)